Monday, May 4, 2009

Uncle Freddy's Sauce Recipe( from Michaels Uncle)

Here's the directions as explained to us......................

Cover bottom of Large pot with olive oil.Heat on med-low. Add 2 heaping T. minced garlic, 1I oregano,2T parsley, pinch or rosemary and a pinch of sage. Take off of burner.
Add 1 large can Hunts Tomato sauce
Add 1 large can Hunts Puree
Add 1 small can tomato paste
Add 3-4 big canfuls of water(use sauce can) Mix. Add 1T more of oregano. Cover whole top with dry parsley and basil.

Slow simmer 3-4 hours. Then add 2 T. sugar.
Taste and adjust seasoning to liking!!


****This is the best sauce ever people! Hope this helps Joanne*********

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah yes.... I love it... I'm going to make this as soon as I can. Your awesome and a wonderful help and it doesn't look too hard to make. Tell Uncle Freddy thanks too... My family thanks you!!! :)

I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks

Joanne

P.S. I think I could almost enjoy cooking with these great recipes.

Yes, Thats Right